The words "cigarettes" and "health" are incompatible, and the consequences may be the most irreversible. People of any age should know the dangers of smoking. Nicotine is a powerful toxin that gradually destroys cells in the bronchopulmonary system and then throughout the body. Therefore, to recognize the great harm of smoking and finally get rid of this destructive addiction, it is important to take some precautions and finally remove the toxic substances.
what is smoking
This bad habit is a global problem of our time as it rapidly "gets younger" every year. The number of men who smoke is growing, and women's bodies are often marked by this deadly addiction. Smoking is equivalent to alcohol addiction, because in both cases, a person can die from a fatal disease. In recent years, many people have become aware of the problem and quit smoking, but the younger generation is still eager to "try everything".
How many harmful substances are in a cigarette
Helpful information for heavy smokers: A single cigarette contains about 4, 000 compounds, 40 of which are poisons that are harmful to your health. These are carbon dioxide, arsenic, nicotine, cyanide, benzopyrene, formaldehyde, carbon monoxide, hydrocyanic acid. Pathological processes also predominate in the body after arbitrary inhalation of tobacco smoke (this applies to the health of passive smokers), which triggers radioactive substances such as polonium, lead, bismuth, etc. This chemical composition provides exactly the harm of tobacco.
what is harmful smoking
The chemicals contained in cigarettes can be fatal to the human body if they enter the human body for a long time. Thousands of people die each year from devastating addictions at a relatively young age and are more susceptible to chronic cough, bronchitis, obstructive pulmonary disease and other diseases with unpredictable clinical outcomes. Therefore, timely treatment of tobacco dependence and the consequences of its prevalence in an individual's life is very important.
The harm of smoking to the human body
During prolonged exposure to nicotine, all internal organs and systems are affected, because the smoker's blood is not rich in oxygen, but toxic substances. This pathological condition favors atherosclerosis, the leading cause of most cardiovascular diseases. However, the health problems do not end there, and the presence of addiction can lead to more than just mental decline.
The first step is to be aware that nicotine can adversely affect the potency of higher libido. Long-term smokers go to great lengths to face erectile dysfunction before the age of 40. It's a tragedy for a full life and positive representation of a stronger gender, so you shouldn't let your body have these pathologies. In addition to heart disease, health problems include:
- chronic bronchitis;
- benign prostatic hyperplasia;
- tissue hypoxia (hypoxia);
- progressive retinal dystrophy;
- vision, hearing loss;
- deterioration of the appearance and structure of the skin;
- worsening of neurological disease;
- chronic cough;
- The enamel gradually turns yellow and is damaged;
- malignant tumor.
These conditions are part of the female body if the fairer sex smokes. High concentrations of nicotine can cause chronic bronchitis and emphysema, but the presence of infertility cannot be ruled out. Smoking kills gradually, but at first it makes women sick. If we talk about respiratory diseases, nicotine is not limited to this pathological process. Cigarettes are very harmful to the body, and the following is a clinical photo of what happened:
- Nicotine can cause miscarriage in early pregnancy;
- A smoker's lingering cough becomes the norm in everyday life;
- Smoking increases the risk of myocardial infarction and cerebrovascular stroke;
- Negative effects extend to the skin, causing it to age;
- The timbre of the voice has changed, and I am constantly worried about a dry cough;
- Smoking causes lung cancer;
- Nicotine can cause deep depression;
- Smoking causes mental disorders that are prone to relapse;
- Under the influence of nicotine, the blood vessels of the stomach are pathologically narrowed, peristalsis is disturbed;
- Cigarettes can cause serious damage to the structure of nails, hair, and teeth.
for the child's body
Teenagers also "dabble in cigarettes", not knowing how they might suffer from the negative effects of nicotine in the future. Smoking increases the risk of chronic disease, and the health effects may be the most irreparable -- dying from lung cancer at a relatively young age. Alcohol and smoking can cause the following symptoms in teens:
- Cigarettes reduce intelligence and significantly inhibit psychomotor function;
- The consequences of smoking for students are accompanied by the risk of cardiovascular and respiratory disease;
- The harm of cigarettes becomes the main cause of cancer, not only the formation of tumors in the bronchopulmonary system;
- If adolescents are addicted to such drugs, the consequences can affect physical and mental states;
- Bad habits disrupt metabolism, increase weight, and contribute to the development of obesity.
diseases caused by smoking
Being aware of how smoking affects the human body, it is important to understand all the existing diagnoses that smokers may face at a young age. Smoking hookahs is less harmful, but there are also obvious dangers. If a person smokes regularly, he must understand that chronic diseases with the most unexpected clinical outcomes may overtake him:
- chronic bronchitis;
- lung cancer;
- atherosclerosis of blood vessels;
- myocardial infarction;
- Eliminate endarteritis;
- impotence and frigidity;
- Pulmonary thromboembolism;
- congenital malformations in children;
- Extensive pathology of the digestive tract;
- Diagnosed infertility;
Smoking is harmful to health, and it is huge. Prolonged exposure to nicotine can cause cells to mutate and promote the formation of malignant tumors. Genetic susceptibility to the disease exacerbates the problem. Oncology ends in death, and a person may die at a young age. Illness brings physical torment and mental pain, and the pathological process never stops. Therefore, it is important to explain to children from an early age why smoking is harmful.
The dangers of smoking to others
Breaking bad habits isn't just good for your health, it's good for others too. Bystanders and close relatives who have to be in constant contact with heavy smokers can feel the dangers of smoking. The nicotine in tobacco smoke can cause increased heart rate, irregular heart rhythm, coughing, and even severe asthma attacks. Here are some things to be especially vigilant about when faced with passive smoking:
- Risk of spontaneous abortion (smoking pregnant women);
- decreased fertility;
- Depressed state;
- redness, eye irritation;
- dry throat, sweating;
- a cough, choking;
- Performance drops.
After the first cigarette, the dangers of smoking are already obvious, sore throat, unpleasant smell, dry mucous membranes in the throat. This is just the beginning, and future changes in the body may become irreversible. Here are some things that heavy smokers should be especially vigilant about:
- increase the concentration of fatty acids and cholesterol in the blood;
- increased risk of sudden death;
- development of cardiac ischemia in women;
- Increased risk of atherosclerosis.
Statistics report that as many as 3, 000 people of all ages die each year from passive smoking. About 2, 700 newborns and children under one year of age die from sudden death syndrome if the child's parents smoke. As many as 62, 000 people die each year due to extensive lesions of the heart muscle and cardiovascular system. The collected facts aren't comforting, so it's important to keep these shocking statistics in mind before lighting another cigarette.